Last updated on August 10th, 2017 at 06:39 pm
Hamilton Island is one of the most popular and highly sought after holiday destinations in Australia.
Hamilton Island: Accommodation
There are a number of different accommodation options on Hamilton Island, ranging from up-scale luxury resorts to holiday rental homes.
Here is a quick breakdown of your accommodation options on the island:
1) Qualia: Qualia sits at the top of the Hamilton Island hotel and resort pyramid. There have been no expenses spared at the world renowned Qualia. In 2012, it was named the best resort in the world by the Conde Naste Traveller Reader’s Choice Awards.
The resort is located on the secluded northern tip of the island, the perfect location for a resort designed for total relaxation.
Each freestanding pavilion has its own sundeck or infinity pool from which guests can enjoy the breathtaking views over the Coral Sea.
The resort also comes with an excellent spa that offers a variety of top level treatments and two restaurants, one for fine dining, and one, a more relaxed experience. There is a two night minimum stay at Qualia.
2) Beach Club: The Beach Club is an adults only resort located right on Catseye Beach, overlooking the Coral Sea. The child-free status of the Beach Clubs makes it the perfect place for a romantic couple’s getaway.
Guests can chose from 57 luxurious rooms, each equipped with an en-suite bathroom, WIFI, surround sound connectivity, and a private terrace or balcony.
Your stay at the Beach Club also includes complimentary a la carte breakfast each morning, and access to the Beach Club Restaurant, for private, beachside dining.
The hotel boasts a beautiful, large infinity pool looking out over the Coral sea, and direct access to Catseye Beach, making it easier than ever to go from pool, to beach, to sea, and back to pool again.
Like Qualia, the Beach Club also offers it own in house spa, wumurdaylin, for guests to pamper themselves at further. If you ever get tired of just lounging around, the Beach Club also offers complimentary access to sports equipment, including catamarans, paddle boards, windsurfers, snorkeling equipment, access to the island’s gym, and tennis court hire.
3) Reef View Hotel: The Reef View Hotel is the perfect location for families or friends. The rooms are large, modern, and well equipped, with most of them come with sea views and all having their own private balcony.
While the hotel doesn’t have a restaurant of its own, it is located directly opposite Catseye Beach, close to many of the island’s restaurants, activities, and entertainment.
4) Palm Bungalows: The Palm Bungalows are a set of recently renovated bungalows located in lush tropical gardens. They are an excellent place for visitors to relax and enjoy everything Hamilton Island has to offer.
Each bungalow is well equipped with a kitchenette, a bar fridge, microwave, and tea and coffee making equipment.
Each bungalow also comes with its own, private balcony. The tropical setting gives the impression of being miles away from civilization, despite being only a short walk away from the beach, resort pools, and other Hamilton Island entertainment.
5) Holiday Homes: There are also holiday home rentals available on the island.
The rentals cover everything from huge villas to more basic accommodation. No matter what you budget might be or what you might be looking for, there is a rental available for you.
What to Do – Hamilton Island
Hamilton Island didn’t become such a sought after holiday destination for nothing! There are any number of activities available on the island.
Enjoying the water is one of the primary activities on the island.
Visitors can snorkel around the reef, visit world famous dive sites, enjoy the pristine white sand beaches, particularly Whitehaven Beach, rent jet-skis, or cruise the reef on a sea kayak or paddle board.
There are also a number of pools that are available to the public if the sea water isn’t for you. If you get tired of the beach, you can pack a picnic lunch and go on a hike through the lush forest as well.
The island offers year-round cultural exhibitions and performances that make for a very interesting and informative activity. If you are a sailing enthusiast, the island offers the Hamilton Island Yacht Club, which offers sailing as well as a few, upscale villas.
Golfers will enjoy a day, or maybe more, out a the Hamilton Island Golf Club, which is the only 18 hole championship golf course on its own island in Australia.
How to Get There – Hamilton Island
Private, regional charter flights can also be organized from Mackay, Proserpine, and Airlie Beach.
The island is also serviced by the Hamilton Island Ferry, which runs from Shute Harbor on the mainland to the Hamilton Island Marina.