According to information from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine, the Ukrinmedstrach was “created for the purpose of developing a state program to ensure that foreign citizens receive high-quality emergency medical assistance in Ukraine.”
In other words, the program primarily guarantees that any visitor to the Ukraine will have continuing access to the public health system in emergency cases and, secondly, it ensures that the facilities rendering emergency care are compensated for their services.
The Ukrainian parliament passed a law in 1997 requiring all visitors in the Ukraine to obtain mandatory health insurance from the state joint-stock insurance company, Ukrinmedstrach. This is done at the point of entry.
Ukraine Health-Emergency: Contacts
- Travellers’ Health Hotline at 877-FYI-TRIP. The toll-free fax number is 888-232-3299
- Fire Station – 01
- Police – 02
- Ambulance – 03
- Gas Emergency – 04
- Telephone Information – 09
- Train Schedule – 005
- Taxi – 05
(you may need a translator with you)
General safe info for Ukraine Health-Emergency and Globally!
As far as we know, travelling overseas can be exciting and a most rewarding experience. Experiencing different places, unfamiliar cultures & customs, language barriers, social isolation & staying away from the family and often friends.. This all can increase anxiety and the potential risk of revealing existing bad mental health conditions.
Travellers are in general responsible for their own well being by behaving. They are also responsible for their safe return home as well as all other unexpected expenses they might find along the way.
There are few steps all travelers should follow: precautions such as Travel insurance, Planning, destination choice and, most importantly, knowing how to get help from overseas.
Travelers are always on the move & wavelength. Also, may hooked up with a some stranger just because you really like, ticking off the countries & cities you have tasted or the other way around. Travellers don’t always get to love everyone.
- Always use condoms. Don’t ever trust pills even if, contraception is more than 99 percent effective in preventing pregnancy. Male and female both parties should care condoms.
- Don’t ever use someone lubricants, it may occur cross-contaminations STD
- Be careful when having sex on private beaches, camping ground or any remote places, especially where culturally huge differences comparison to West culture.