Last updated on October 27th, 2018 at 02:56 am
Easy Cooking, A pasta idea that will not hurt your pocket but will surely tickle your taste buds!
As travellers, how often do we find ourselves getting out that packet of pasta wondering which same old ’off the supermarket shelf’ concoction we’re going to add to our dish today? Well here is an inexpensive alternative to add to your list of quick and easy meals and one that is bound to tickle those taste buds!:
Serves: 5, Cost like $ 15 in Australia
Easy Cooking: Preparation and cooking time: 30 minutes
- A packet of Pasta: Preferably Angel hair for fast cooking
- 300ml cooking cream
- 800g pasta sauce – Tomato and Herbs IF NOT WHY NOT USE FRESH TOMATOES AND MAKE IT HEALTHIER?
- 1-2 boneless and skinless chicken breast (or any other meat of preference)
- 1 small onion
- 4 tbsps olive oil
- Grated parmesan cheese
Easy Cooking Methode
- Place a big pot of water on the stove and let it boil
- Peel and chop onions; chop chicken breast – keep them separate
- Peel and very finely slice the onions, then add to a lidded frying pan over a medium-low heat with the oil and a little sea salt
- Add oil to a lidded frying pan over a medium heat and once hot add the onion and chicken
- Add pasta sauce and cream; once boiling cover with a lid, turn down the heat and let simmer.
- Add 1 tbsp olive oil to a pot of boiling water, pinch of salt and throw in the pasta, stirring and cooking for about 6-7 minutes
- Once cooked, drain pasta and place back in the pot.
- Once pasta sauce is ready and the chicken is cooked through, add the pasta to the pan and mix together with a pinch of salt and parmesan cheese to taste.
- Once the food is plated add some more grated cheese on top for extra flavour
Enjoy our Easy Cooking Ideas while your travelling
Sam’s Travel Recipe
Written By Annika Gollcher